Into The Wild

“I'm going to paraphrase Thoreau here... rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth. ” -Into The Wild

Monday, September 17, 2012

Noodle

Hey, all. This time I think I'll share some of my favorite things (in no particular order) to get idears for future posts.I'll include my favorite everything (food, movies, books, activities, etc) since that's what my blog is going to be about: everything! I titled this blog "Noodle" 'cause it's hard for me to think of a bunch of things that I like, or about myself in general, right on the spot, so I have to use my noodle...haha...yeah :D

Here goes...

1) Snuggling my puppies! Floyd doesn't like to be held much.
2) Reading a good book while relaxing.
3) Learning. This is why I really enjoy college.
4) Watching a good movie.
5) Constantly commentating on bad movies with Katey.
6) Crafting sleepovers with Carli.
7) Playing outside.
8) Finding sweet sites on the internet.
9) Bargain shopping. I LOVE finding awesome stuff at second-hand, antique, and thrift stores!
10) Burning lots of candles simultaneously.
11) Really good incense.
12) The sound of a fan or air vent at night.
13) Sleeping with two+ pillows, having a part of my blanket between my knees, and having one fit sticking out all night.
14) Collecting meaningful things throughout time.
15) Writing letters to people. It's the only way I feel that I can properly express my thoughts/feelings about them.
16) Helping people.
17) Rearranging my bedroom once every year or so.
18) Eating chocolate when I'm on my period.
19) Cooking for Jack and I. And even myself!
20) Eating carbs: pasta, bread, cereal, EVERYTHING!
21)Eating cheese.
22) Finding cool artwork to put on my walls.
23) Gardening. Already thinkin' about next year's!
24) Reminiscing. Though it does make me sad sometimes.
25) Hanging out with my Jack.
26) True Blood and Supernatural. Yes, I'm dorky.

 Floyd! Isn't he sooo cute?!
 All my darlings in one place. Obviously Jack is the human. Waldo is the dude with the pointy ears. He's deaf and so facking adorable. Onyx is the big black one. And Sundae is the one in the middle. MY BEBES!
 Result of a fantastic craft sleepover with Carli (they're binders for school). We also painted/decorated a bunch of mason jars!
 This is me and my girl friend Hannah. We've been good friends since kindergarten. We were 17 in this picture. Holy crap do we look young.
 Another project that Carli helped me with (I needed her spray painting skills). I love it, feels like my own little office nook.

Oh dear. This is my best girl Katey. I'm sure you can figure out why I love this picture so much. I wanna say that we were 17 in this picture, no responsibilities besides high school (HAH!) and jobs. This was on a week night, too ;D



 In my first post, I talked about the service learning class that I took Spring 2011. On the Friday night that we were there, we decided to go to Times Square and start a Free Hugs Campaign; this campaign was all started in London by a dude named Juan Mann. We walked around every nook and cranny of Times Square for at least two hours just hugging everyone who would accept us. I think I hugged more than 50 people; cops, drag queens, homeless people, random bystanders, Spiderman (yes, seriously). Me and two of my friends got a picture with a model who was in the middle of a photo-shoot. It was SO MUCH FUN! And yes, I know my face looks creepy ahah.



One of the harvests from our garden!









I'll update this as I think of more stuff or find more pictures!

2 comments: