Into The Wild

“I'm going to paraphrase Thoreau here... rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth. ” -Into The Wild

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Good Reads

If there is anything good on this green Earth, it's books; reading is educational and fun at the same time. I love recommending a good read to someone; the majority of the books my mom reads come from my bookshelf. Here I'll post a list of books that I have read over the past couple years, that is if I can remember them all. A couple are even text books! These are in no particular order, except in order that I remember them.


1) Lucky - Alice Sebold
2) The Almost Moon - Alice Sebold
3) The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
4) Sookie Stackhouse series (13 books) - Charlaine Harris, this series is what True Blood is based on - AWESOME!!
5) A World Without Us - Alan Weisman**
6) Harper Connelly Mysteries (4 books) - Charlaine Harris**
8) Songs of a Humpback Whale - Jodi Picoult
9) The Pact - Jodi Picoult
10) Perfect Match - Jodi Picoult
11) Change of Heart - Jodi Picoult
12) Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult
13) Lone Wolf - Jodi Picoult
14) My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
15) Handle With Care - Jodi Picoult
16) The Tenth Circle - Jodi Piccoult
17) A New Environmental Ethics - Holmes Rolston II*
18) Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins
19)  Women's Voices, Feminist Visions: Classic and Contemporary Readings - Susan Shaw & Janet Lee*
20) The Glass Castle - Jeanette Walls
21) His Dark Materials (3 books) - Phillip Pullman
22) The Hot Zone - Richard Preston 
23) Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
24) Lord of the Flies - William Golding
25) The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
26) The Death of Innocents - Sister Helen Prejean
27) Dead Man Walking - Sister Helen Prejean
28) Into The Wild - Jon Krakauer
29) The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
30) Interview With A Vampire - Anne Rice
31) Christine - Stephen King
32) Cell - Stephen King
33) Salem's Lot - Stephen King
34) The Shining - Stephen King

** = Currently reading
* = textbook


Whew, I think I got most of them covered!



No comments:

Post a Comment