Into The Wild

“I'm going to paraphrase Thoreau here... rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth. ” -Into The Wild

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bargains

Most of the girls that I know love, or at least like, to shop, myself definitely included. The only problem with this is that I'm cheap, probably because I have a minimum wage job (boo). This past Summer, though, I started going to more thrift/second hand stores and flea markets with Carli. For sure can't forget the Dollar Store. Looking back, I'm pretty astonished at how much crap I found.

Here is a list of things that I found at places this Summer:

- 2 bread machines that are actually really nice and they work!
- a pair of adorable flower button earrings
- a silver and red box canister that currently holds my extra pieces of fabric, gems, glue, things like that
- a metal canister with brown and yellow flowers that holds my spray paint cans
- a beer stein for my boyfriend (it's not an antique, but he still loves it)
- cute glass jars/vases that I painted
- a Kirkland's reed diffuser set, all the pieces included!
- a huge book on interior design (great condition)
- a book on easy ways to be "green" (great condition)
- a free retro couch (this was from a friend at work, but it was still a frickin' bargain!)
- a free small kitchen table with two chairs (this was also from a friend at work, but still awesome)
- a free desk (the purple one that i posted a picture of, from my neighbor across the street)
- a Phillips radio alarm clock that is basically new
- a BUNCH of awesome clothes from Savers (I spent $65 there once and walked out with a cart full of clothes and other stuff)

None of this is including stuff from the Dollar Store. The Dollar Stores that I've been to lately have really stepped up their game. They have pretty decent school supplies, a surprisingly awesome selection of candle scents and items (Scentsy wax, tea-lights, jar candles, stick candles), an awesome selection of cleaning supplies, a decent selection of home-goods (kitchen utensils, plates, cups, etc.), name-brand makeup, and a bunch of stuff for bubble baths. They even have four-packs of Phillips batteries and 8-packs of Sunbeam batteries; I got my boyfriend a bunch of these as part of his birthday gift for his xbox controllers. Some stores even have a frozen food section. Granted, I would rather go to Kroger or Meijer for these items and other food, but for snacks the selection is great.

As you all can see, I have found some AWESOME stuff while bargain shopping, and I think you get my point that bargain shopping is easy! If you're hesitant about buying second hand clothes, that's fine. I was too at first. But I got over it once I realized how much more I could buy. For example, I found a J.Crew dress at Savers for $13! THIRTEEN BUCKS! And a Daisy Fuentes dress for NINE DOLLARS! That's just amazing. Just throw the clothes in the washer and add a little more detergent.

Hope you guys found this helpful/interesting and decide to go thrifting and find some awesome stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment