Into The Wild

“I'm going to paraphrase Thoreau here... rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth. ” -Into The Wild

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

12 Ways to Welcome Fall

Well, it's the time of year for sweaters, boots, pumpkin spice, apple pie, snuggly blankets, and all the great things about fall. I love seasonal decorations, scents, and food, so I do my best to be as festive as possible.

Here are some ways in which I welcome the Fall season:

1) Stock up on cute sweaters and sweatpants from Savers and other second-hand places. I recently discovered Clothes Mentor's amazing selection of sweaters. 
2) I can never have too many cute pea coats, especially when I get them for under $20!
3) Get several pairs of gloves (I tend to lose them very quickly), a couple different hats (light, super heavy), and a couple cute head bands (the kind that cover your ears). 
4) Rent scary movies (for Halloween) and other films that give me that fuzzy feeling along with the seasonal joy. Snuggling up with the pups and Jack during a good movie is the best! 
5) Buy several pairs of thick socks; my winter boots are kind of loose (from L.L. Bean), plus I just like wearing them.
6) Compile some seasonal recipes and make plans to use them. Love this!
7) Burn seasonally-scented candles. Big Lots has an AWESOME selection, and their cheap! I think I have 10 candles right now..hehe.
8) Decorate, decorate, decorate! Put pumpkins on the front porch, use seasonally-colored hand towels, seasonally-scented hand soap, a fall-esque table runner. You get the picture. Thankfully my Mom is down for all this!
9) Stock up on leggings. I love wearing long skirts, so having warm leggings is essential!
10) Get pumpkin pie coffee creamer. Mmm.
11) Have an abundance of hot chocolate, for when I want something warm and tasty at night. 
12) Probably the most important of all: stock my car with toilet paper/tissues (for when I'm sick), an extra hat and pair of gloves, a warm blanket, a safety kit (mine has little cones, a flashlight, batteries, and some tools), and a car phone charger, all in case I break down. I drive a lot so I always want to make sure I have everything I need in case of an emergency. 


These are all the basic things I do to get ready for the Fall weather and season greetings. Hope this sparked some ideas for you! Check back for a Winter/Christmas list too!

Random picture of Waldo. Isn't he the CUTEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment