Into The Wild

“I'm going to paraphrase Thoreau here... rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth. ” -Into The Wild

Friday, November 30, 2012

Custard Pie

Hi all! I know I've been going on a lot of hiatuses lately, but this one is for good reasons (well, "good"). Long story short, my house caught fire on November 19th. It was around 12:40 am, we had all just gone to bed, when my mom woke up to strange noises in the garage to see the glow from the fire through her front bedroom window. We (me, my mom, and sister) all got out, my three precious puppies included, but bunbun Floyd didn't make it. His cage was on a countertop next to the fridge where the fire started. After almost two weeks of staying with my Dad, we are currently living in a rental house right down the street from our place. We've been shopping out the wazoo so much that I actually think I may be sick of shopping. YES. I am sick of shopping. The house is so cute, with three large bedrooms and an extra office room. Big closets, good size bathroom (1+1/2) and kitchen, and a full unfinished basement. Unfortunately, the pups have to stay with my dad the entire time we're here (probably closer to a year) because of complications with the previous tenants. It sure is going to be lonely here without my Wallace to be at my side every second of the day, but at least him, Onyx, and Sundae will be just right down the street at another familiar place.

Now, I want to dedicate the rest of this post to Floyd, aka Flerd. He was my first "exotic" pet since the gerbils we had when I was in fourth grade. And by golly was he the cutest thing ever. I was so set on getting a bunny for the longest time, and when I brought him home I knew it was meant to be. He was such a lover, even my Mom, who was dead set against it, ended up loving him and snuggling him. Instead of making jokes about making bunny stew, Jack loved him too. The thing that keeps my chin up is knowing that for the last 3 months, Flerd had a great life surrounded by people that loved him (sometimes a little too much).
Loungin' in the Summer time.

The cutest picture.
Floyd sleeping. d'aww

No comments:

Post a Comment